Happy Monday! I’m not sure if it’s the cooler weather lately, or the extra-long weekend, but I’m really excited about the fact that it’s September. Because it’s September, that also means that it’s time for back-to-school everything.
Tomorrow is the beginning of first quarter, so it is the very beginning of my school year. While I’ve been in classes all of August, this will be the first time I’ll have classes like Church History and New Testament throughout the week.
I’m spending today finishing copious amounts of assigned reading, but before I start in on that, here’s a few things I’m enjoying.
- To begin on a slightly sober note–a lot of horrible things have been happening in the world. On top of natural disasters, political disasters, and more, this week saw the release of the Nashville Statement by evangelical leaders. The statement heaps yet more condemnation upon those in the LGBTQIA community who are beautiful, loved, children of God. In response to this, The Liturgists released this statement, of which I am a proud signatory.
- I am preordering the newest Flavia de Luce novel, which I am so. excited. about. If you haven’t read the series, it’s about a young chemist in post-war Britain, who, while trying to survive her older sisters and odd father, solves mysteries! Bradley’s series has managed to be both touching, suspenseful, and hilarious, and I admittedly have spent most of the year pining over the fact that I’ve finished them.The first book in the series is Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, which I highly recommend starting with. Currently, the ebook is only $4.99, which is a great deal for a new addiction!
- This video, reenacted at the Lady Lever Art Gallery in Liverpool, shows how much effort it took for a young lady of fashion to get dressed in the 18th century. Imagine being unable to get dressed without the assistance of someone else? It’s a fascinating look at a life we are far(ther) removed from. (Also, I would like that dress, thank you.)
- I’ve talked before about how much I LOVE the Lizzie Bennett Diaries (a modern-day, vlog adaptation of Pride and Prejudice). I’ve been re-watching them thanks to the fact that it’s their 5 year anniversary, and in honor of that, the Facebook page is reposting them every week.
- These corgi flower pots are the cutest things ever. I am currently working on making a windowsill garden in my dorm room, and I am very much tempted by the fact that my windowsill could be full of animals with succulents…
Happy Monday, friends!
(p.s. the Amazon links in this post are affiliate links, so if you purchase something, I get a tiny percentage of that money.)