Now closed for participants
I’m not ashamed of the fact that I’ve been listening to Christmas music for the past few weeks. (I beat the radio stations!) I have to admit – I’m terribly excited for the holidays this year.
You’re probably thinking that I’m loony for putting up a holiday post before Thanksgiving that’s about Christmas. I concur. I’m absolutely nuts.
You know you love me.
Last night I had a crazy idea. One of those ideas that only comes late at night when you’ve had way too much tea and are on an eternal high from winning a Scrabble match with your father. Yes, one of those ideas.
During the holiday season, I find that most of us (bloggers) lead our own separate lives, write posts about how much we love the holidays, and in that way charge straight through the season without taking time. Without taking time to really get to know one another and develop relationships that could last far beyond the brief holidays. In order to become a true community, we need to take the time beyond the computer screen to get to know one another.
That’s why, this season, I’ll be hosting a real people holiday swap.
– Several sets of bloggers are going to be paired with one another.
– You will send a gift box ($25-$30 of nice items) to one blogger. That blogger will send a gift box to you.
– Please include a handwritten, meaningful note in the box. You will know who you are paired with before you send the box, so that this is more personal.
– This event will be capped at 19-21 people. Please leave a comment if you would like to participate.
– You don’t have to buy tons of items. Two or three thoughtful gifts will do. If you handmake something in your box, that’s even better.
– Stationary, jewelry, candles, scarves, tea, special candies, etc. Be creative!
– Looking at your real people swap partner’s blog will help you make the gifts more personal and meaningful.
– Blog about your package (did I even have to say that?)
Let’s make the blogging community a more meaningful place, shall we? If you’d like to participate, leave a comment below. (make sure to fill out the email and website fields in the comment box)
Also – feel free to spread the word around.